1. Berlin - The capital city of Germany, known for its iconic landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and the East Side Gallery.
2. Neuschwanstein Castle - This 19th century palace is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Germany, located in the Bavarian Alps.
3. The Black Forest - This mountain range is a popular destination for hikers, and is also home to some of Germany's most picturesque towns and villages.
4. Munich - The Bavarian city is home to world-famous attractions such as the Hofbräuhaus, the English Garden and the BMW Museum.
5. Cologne Cathedral - This 12th century gothic cathedral is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the country, and is the largest Gothic church in Northern Europe.
6. Dresden - The capital of Saxony is known for its beautiful Baroque architecture, as well as its cultural attractions such as the Semperoper opera house.
7. The Rhine Valley - This stunning region is famous for its castles, vineyards and stunning river views.
8. Hamburg - This port city is known for its vibrant nightlife and its iconic landmarks such as the Speicherstadt warehouse district and the Rathaus.